CBS

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vulcan Technician Wrist Cuffs

I told myself I wasn't allowed to buy any more props or costumes but when these came up for sale at a great price I couldn't help myself!
These wrist cuffs were worn by the Vulcan technicians who worked on the stolen Bird of Prey in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.  It's a Wrap! sold several pairs of these both individually and with complete technician costumes. I purchased these ones from Martin Netter who bought most of the Trek warehouse at the end of the sales.
As you can see from these images, the cuffs are barely seen at all in the finished film.  I'm incredibly impressed at the amount of work that went into them for so little screen time.  They are made of leather and the underside is lined with a softer leather.  They each have two sets of snaps to accommodate various sized wrists and they feature resin "jewels" with a painted on symbol. There is absolutely no damage or wear to mine.  As usual, the Star Trek costume department paid a fantastic amount of attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment